Monday, February 16, 2015

Carnival in La Paz!


CARNIVAL!!!! Is here. Our first one in Mexico. It's loud and colorful and full of life. We went last night with our friends from Silent Sun, Jess and Chris. The Malacon is covered in booths, rides and food vendors. Music blares from stages spread out along the beaches. James got me on the biggest ride there. Something called a G force. Two people strapped in to each side of a spinning cage that swings round and round while the ride swings up and down and out over the beach about 200 feet in the air. I swore in two languages. I did not know I knew that many swear words in spanish. I begged them to stop in two languages. I shouted "ALTO ALTO Mon Dios! ALTO." of course they did not stop the ride, they kept it going and the left us at the top while our friends got off the ride, then they finally slowly let us down to the ground again. My legs did not buckle, and I did not throw up. And I will never do that again…until next time.



 And the next day...the parade. The floats were amazing and the costumes incredible. The theme...ancient plumage....wt?









No comments:

Post a Comment